Monday, March 1, 2010

treasure hunting

I've recently become addicted to creating Treasuries on ETSY. For those of you who are unfamiliar with this concept I will explain in a nutshell. A Treasury is a collection of 12 images chosen from the work of ETSY members which you as the curator select. It's a bit like shopping around the globe for cool items and beautiful images. I like to pick a theme and then fill in the blanks. My first madame damselfly treasury was titled "Robin in the Rain" inspired by the song with the same title that my Mom sang to me as a small child. Treasury spots are in high demand so there is a lot of competition to snag an opening.  Once you are successful at getting your Treasury posted you only enjoy the exposure for 48 hours and you are only allowed one Treasury at a time. My current Treasury "Robin in the Rain" expires at midnight. I'm all ready with my next Treasury selection which is inspired by cherry blossoms and thoughts of spring. The next openings become available at 2:30 this morning, and I wonder why I'm tired. ..... stay tuned.....


In the cherry blossom's shade
there's no such thing
as a stranger. 

by Kobayashi Issa (1763-1828)


1 comment:

  1. OH! I finally get it!!! I was searching your site for these items . . . especially the pink purse!! Lesley - I was in Japan during cherry blossom season - omg - if you EVER have the chance. It was spectacular. The event alone is monumental to the Japanese people - and the images; artistic even in the smallest form - cakes, candies, origami, clothing - absolutely everywhere. Amazing. Now; where can I find that purse??? xoxo Michele

    ReplyDelete