Tuesday, May 18, 2010

"C" is for courage

For the letter "C"



I had originally planned to
write about the topic of colour.



aerial view of tulip fields in Holland

But the word courage kept popping into my mind. It seemed that the topic was finding me. So I decided to spend a bit of time contemplating the word courage.






The first thing that came to mind was the
cowardly lion, my first initiation to the
notion of courage, or lack of.









Cowardly Lion by Appel Jar






With colour still on my mind... I wondered if courage were a colour what colour would it be?

First thought - orange.  No, not grounded enough.


Red. Too strong, heavy...too much power.


Purple - yes.




Purple, the perfect balance of red (groundedness and strength) and blue (clarity and openmindedness). To act with courage one needs to feel grounded and anchored - yet one also needs clarity, openess and a willingness to be guided. 


Here are some quotes and images I came across that spoke to me about courage.  














It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.  
Alan Cohen




There are times in life when we all need a little courage. So take a deep breath of purple and try again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment